Work-related injuries are disruptive whether you're the employer or the employee. Lost days at work may result in lower income for employees and reduced productivity for companies. When getting back to work is a priority, a good worker's compensation provider is invaluable. Here at Urgent Care TX, your primary care physicians offer workman's compensation evaluations and treatments at their Lancaster, TX, and Cleburne, TX, offices.
Things to Consider When Choosing a Workman's Compensation Providers
The best providers are not only skilled at treating the types of injuries that occur on the job but also have a thorough understanding of workman's compensation policies and procedures. Characteristics of good providers include:
- Flexibility: There are almost limitless ways to get hurt at work, from slipping on a wet floor to being poked in the eye by an errant paperclip. Good providers can care for a variety of injuries including falls, sprains, fractures, breathing issues, back pain, vehicular accidents, and injuries caused by falling objects or machinery.
- Availability: Injuries don't always happen from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday. Choosing a workman's compensation provider that offers weekend, early morning, and evening hours minimizes wait time and facilitates prompt treatment.
- Excellent Care Coordination Skills: Workman's compensation physicians not only treat injuries but coordinate care if patients need to see other healthcare professionals. They'll make sure that injured employees receive prompt physical therapy treatment, diagnostic tests, or referrals to specialists.
- Ability to Make Return-to-Work Determinations: You count on your workman's compensation provider to determine when an employee has healed fully after an accident or injury and can safely return to work. Providers also determine if an employee may have a permanent disability that will prevent him or her from working again.
- Knowledge of the Claims Process: Waiting for the insurance company to approve treatments or process claims can be one of the most frustrating aspects of a workman's compensation claim. Your workman's compensation provider in Lancaster and Cleburne understands how the process works and can advocate for you should there be any disputes with the insurance company. They also provide detailed documentation of injuries and treatment plans.
Do you need a good workman's comp provider? Get in touch with the physicians at Urgent Care TX by calling (682) 549-8300 for the Lancaster, TX, office or (682) 317-1537 for the Cleburne, TX, office.